Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Aha! I figured out how to get back to post another blog. Good for me. I know, I know, it's easy.

I am totally enjoying all the research I'm doing for my novel set in 1941. What a year that was! I tried to write last night, and the words would NOT come. They were like dead, cold, hard stones in the bottom of a river of mud which I could not get to. I'd type a few words, and .... nothing. So hard. I was tempted to play another round of Solitaire and "think" but kept trying to slog on. I finally gave up. I think I'll try to write on the AlphaSmart. I am used to that. Maybe this computer keyboard doesn't understand what I'm trying to write. The AlphaSmart does.

It's horrible to want to tell a story and the words won't come. There are many reasons out there for this, and I've read a lot of them. I don't know what it is, but I must overcome it. I'll get back to you on how I do tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. I like the analogy of stones in a river of mud. I wrote half an article/story last night in the middle of the night - the words flowed freely in my mind - but I didn't want to wake up enough to write them down. I haven't tried to get it back yet. Each person does have their own best method for writing and being creative.

    ReplyDelete